Sunday, July 1, 2007

God Loves Volunteers

I don’t know if you grew up going to church, but I remember when I went to church as a kid; I was always bored out of my mind. I remember playing with my Hot Wheels in the pew, or when we made it to Sunday School just being lectured at by the teachers and having a craft or two thrown at us. To say the least, it was not a favorable memory. However, at C3 we’ve embraced the philosophy that church for kids should be relevant and exciting. Today I started filming in our children’s department for a training DVD. It was a great way for me to become a “fly on the wall” in several of our First Look classes. All I can say is that children’s ministry here at C3 is definitely NOT boring. Our children’s volunteers do an awesome job of creating exciting, interactive environments where Bible stories and virtues come to life and are easily understood and applied in kid’s lives. Every Sunday I overhear at least 1 child telling his or her parents about what they did that morning and how they can’t wait to come back. In fact, at pick-up time this morning I heard a little boy who was visiting for the first time asking his parents when he would be able to come back again. To me, there is nothing more rewarding. So I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all our directors and volunteers who make First Look and Power House happen every Sunday. You are truly making a difference in the hearts and lives of so many children and parents. God Bless you for He has truly blessed through you!!!