Monday, July 16, 2007

iMac Part 2

Well, we’ve made it back from 9 jammed packed days of rebuilding houses, participating in camp activities and worshiping our God - oh, and don’t forget a 21 hour bus ride home. These past 9 days have been absolutely nothing short of amazing. I am so proud of each and every one of our Crave students and what they personally accomplished over this past week. Last night, as we were on our way back to Orlando, we took a moment to reflect on what God had been doing this past week. I asked the students, if they were willing to, to share about something God had taught them through camp or some experience that really stuck out in their mind. Let me tell you, I had tears in my eyes as students shared their experiences (Matt you caused different kinds of tears – thanks for always making us laugh). Students talked about pouring out their passions and their desire to be used by God. They talked about how they were able to put away differences and come together to use their skills and talents for God. Some talked about how they have formed friendships that will encourage and challenge them for years to come. And still others talked about how they gave their lives to Christ. But ya know; it wasn’t just the students who walked away challenged and closer to God. In my own life this week I’ve experienced God in a fresh way and more than ever before I am so excited about ministry and what God is doing through our students. Parents, I want to thank you for the awesome privilege of entrusting your students to us this week, for they have taught me a ton. Students, thank you for being so open to what God wanted and wants to do through you. You are the next generation of church leaders. I really believe from the heart that you showed this week that the future of God’s church will be powerful and exciting. I am proud of you all!!!