Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer Fun

We’ve been talking about getting “Unplugged” on Sunday mornings and I truly hope that you have had some opportunities to rest and spend some time with your families. Personally, I love the summer time. I love when the kids aren’t bogged down with homework and we can do things at night or on the weekends and every now and then I can take a day off and just spend it with them. I have noticed a little trend lately in our summer activities though. In the last week and a half the boys and I have gone to the Aquatic Center once, the beach twice and are hopefully going to get to go to a water park this weekend. Then in a couple of weeks we head down to the Keys for some RNR and some lobstering. Notice the trend? Our family loves the water. To me there is nothing more relaxing than going out and spending time with my family doing something that we all love. Not to sound too Dr. Phil’ish or anything but you really can strengthen your family and connect with your kids when you go out and have fun together.